NASA Mini Maker Faire – PREP SHEET
FINAL CHECKLIST OF TASKS / ERRANDS
Supplies to get:
- Two more bins for fossils (18×27″)
- Beans/cups/soil/Ziploc bags as award for participating in Onondaga Earth Corps Jeopardy game
Fish tubing for spirometers (next to theater for exercise testing) Blue tape/need more – get another bundle but unopened so can return?
- Double sets of ink for HP printer at OCPL station
- Hangers and string for mobiles at Unmaking – tie and tape
- More safety glasses YES (have more gloves)
Tops andWegmans bags for registration Already have (100 bags from Tops at Nottingham Plaza from Marcy) (300 from Valley Plaza Tops from MEW)
- Tablecloths – paper or plastic? Roll of plastic – Maines in North Syracuse at old Williams
- Event guide (EMT call, Dewitt Police, campus safety) large sign on wall at registration CATERING CELL
- Building layout LARGE MAPS ON THE WALLS
- Program (
fancy for sponsors, B&W on color for MMF) Have a color version in PDF, but saved over $250 by doing a B&W on color paper program. That let us feed 45 volunteers!
- Balloons Balloon Affairs is doing the job for a deep discount – RWB helium-in-latex at 10a.
- TACNY table host? EMAILED RE TACNY HANDOUT
- Coat racks – pick up? MICHAEL’s yes for Fri a.m., but need to finalize Northeast
- Parking signs to ID our lots Le Moyne is printing parking signs and providing campus safety for traffic. Also producing signs for the bathrooms.
- Have Ying TRSEF judge and volunteer signup at registration!
- Calls to bus families re schedule!
- Pay for buses early Fri a.m.
- Call Sue 8a Fri re coat racks – em Michael.
- Home color printer with two full sets of inks
- Power bars
- Small LADDER-STOOL for signs on balloons
- LOTS OF PENS, PADS OF PAPER, SCISSORS, MARKERS
- Index cards into each reg. bag so have a “data card” for each person if they want.
- as many safety glasses as possible
- bring paypal sensor
- Volunteer name tags (string pockets)
- Service learning documentation
- Food coupons
- Media release approved by NASA (clipboards at registration)
- On-site registration forms so collect data
- Professional development promotion (where? how?)
- Large sign “safety guide” with numbers for Dewitt Police, Le Moyne Security
- Programs (to be printed at OCC)
- T-shirt size signs (laminated)
- Signs for new adventures
New OCC STEM Initiatives sign
- Bus signs for MMF? (four bus stops plus the MOST if Watertown coming) Generic
New OCC STEM Initiatives sign
- *** NASA’s Solar System Ambassadors *** projector, mars and moon rocks.
- Astronaut 101: Can you be faster and stronger?
- Basketball and … 5 3′ round rubbishes. brick in bottom of each. 3 more large-key calculators. Check bobbie and ernie for calc.
- BE a scientist! Mastodon Matrix 200 more paper plates. toothpicks.
- Big Rigs, Big ideas
- Bionic Blox Gary
- Books, Verily
- Circuit Circus IEEE Style will have IEEE banners and supplies.
- DIY DNA
- Earthquake Zone – BEWARE! ping pong balls CHARLES. BIG rubber bands.
- Float the boat!
- FunFlicks Action Center can show in HD, TV events. Sat will be games like Wii tennis. NASA videos. VLC video player > from Damian.
- Grampa’s not old. FOSSILS are old!
- Green and smart – Jeopardy a la Onondaga Earth Corps need 200 more ziplocs. 600 clear cups. soil. Bean seeds.
- Imagine and Make!
- Meet the Solar System Minstrels
- My future – my dream!
- Rube Goldberg is alive and well in Syracuse! Want people to get a discount of 20% if they register a team leader with you Sat? Make some sign.
- Social Media for Change Larry Goodman from OCC. MEW to bring powerbar. Assign a few volunteers for cell phone video to make promos for crowd funding. Huge piece of paper for “change wall” – Sharpies color. Blue tape. Shiny silver paper or burlap.
- Touchdown 600 reg marshmallows. 3000 mini marshmallows. 2400 straws (Smith rest.)
- UN-making Lots of “stuff” ready to be picked up at 200 Mulroy, OCC.
- Media green room with extra activity about computers/servers