Archived: 2014 Dr. King Weekend Mini Maker Faire
Interested in the podcast of our January NASA Mini Maker Faire story on the WSYR website? Go to LINK
Le Moyne College Recreation Center
Saturday January 18
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER! 15 or older – free NASA volunteer shirt and free lunch – train that morning for your assignment – GREAT for your resume, and GREAT for the community!
LINK to volunteer on the 18th!
WE NEED YOU!
What is a mini Maker Faire? Good question!
A mini Maker Faire is a one-day celebration of the fun of creating, of using science and technology, of stretching our imaginations. From kindergarten to retired, every person IS a Maker – come have a great time!
The first 300 children 18 and under who are pre-registered will receive a NASA Mini Maker Faire t-shirt for the group photo at the end of the Faire … and get to keep the shirt! The t-shirt pre-registration deadline is noon on Monday, January 13th.
- One-page full-color flyer about the Maker Faire PDF
- Handout to publicize the Maker Faire (three per page) PDF
- Our thank you to the Sponsors of the Maker Faire LINK
Note: New sponsors can get their logos on the banner until Jan. 3rd, and on the t-shirts until Jan. 10th! Contact the director.
- Directions and Parking at Le Moyne DIRECTIONS PARKING
- Gifford buses for city residents will depart at 12:30 p.m. from Butternut Plaza (500 Butternut St.), Family Dollar (945 S. Salina), La Liga (700 Oswego St.) and Tops at Valley Plaza (4141 S. Salina). Choose your bus during t-shirt registration.
- AND … the MOST will host TACNY’s Junior Café Scientifique from 9:30-11a on Jan. 18th, so you can have a whole day of learning and exploration! The Maker Faire will send buses to the MOST to provide door to door transport!
>>> Be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you will be there;
>>> TACNY orders refreshments based upon your RSVPs.
Click HERE to pre-register children for free t-shirts at the Mini Maker Faire! If you live in the City, also register for the free bus nearest your home. Pre-registration deadline Jan 10th!
Click HERE to reserve your own Maker Adventure station, select one of the NASA kits, or sign up for General Volunteer fun. Remember to include your t-shirt size and choose the lunch you want, volunteers!
Want to become a Mini Maker Fair Sponsor? Email the director your contact information, sponsorship amount, and a high-res JPG of your logo. Send the check to: Ying TRSEF MMF, 604 Walberta Road, Syracuse NY 13219. THANK YOU!
NASA is funding professional development to accompany the launch of the CNY Mini Maker Faire. Those teachers, scientists, engineers and medical personnel who sign up at the Maker Faire have first dibs on slots!